- Eat at La Belle Vie: It is possible that I am the only foodie in Minneapolis who hasn't been to our most acclaimed and highest rated restaurant. I will fix that this year and let you all know if it's worth the hype.
- See China's Terracotta Warriors at the Minnesota Museum of Arts: Seriously, the Terracotta Warriors are here!!! In Minneapolis!!! Only till the end of January!!!
- Explore the Hmong Market in St. Paul: St. Paul has the largest concentration of the East Asian Hmong group than anywhere in the world... and a place to experience the culture and food.
- Tour a Minnesota Brewery: There are so many to choose from now, it's hard to pick one. Maybe I'll have to hit a few. And then take a field-trip to Wisconsin for a few more.
- See an outdoor Movie or Show: Minneapolis, and many of the suburbs, have a fantastic lineup of outdoor entertainment, including the very popular showing of the Twins World Series winning games in '87 and '91.
- Food Truck Gourmet Meal: Take an afternoon off, head downtown, and sample my way through a few of the mobile eateries.
- Historic Minnesota Tour: Do one of the Minnesota Historical Society tours (preferable one of their historical pub crawls!)
- Do the Zoo: I've lived in MN for over 12 years and still haven't visited the Minnesota Zoo. I love animals and need to see the
Polar BearsPenguins this year.
- Classic Date: I played the violin for 10 years and dabble on the strings from time to time and really enjoy a good concerto. Hopefully the musicians' labor dispute is resolved so I can go support the Minneapolis Orchestra.
- Embrace Winter: Do a winter activity, outside, rather than just hibernating. Learn to snowshoe, cross-country ski, see an ice castle, attend an outdoor beer festival, just do something outside.
- Throw it in Park: There are nearly 80 state parks in Minnesota; I've been to one. Me and my dogs or bike need to take a day trip to visit one of these local treasures.
What's your favorite Minnesota experience? I'd love to add to my list!