Epicurious Guinness BBQ sauce: Tired this because it looked super easy, even though I knew it wasn't going to be the flavor profile I needed. This sauce has kick, and would be excellent atop a pulled pork sandwich.
Cooking with Curls Blog: Good sauce, although I did simmer it longer than the recipe called so it wouldn't be so runny. A little kick with some sweetness. Not a match to the Bull's-Eye Brand, but getting closer.
Bombchelle's Guinness BBQ sauce: Closer to the flavor profile of the bottled sauce, not exact, but very good. It's got a bit more heat than the Bull's-Eye brand, but is still smooth. Looking forward to tweaking this a bit more, but for now it's good to go for summer grill season.
- 1 11.2 oz Bottle or Can Guinness® Draught
- 1 cup all-natural ketchup
- 1 cup apple cider vinegar
- ¼ cup of dark molasses
- 1 1/2 cups organic dark brown sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon liquid smoke
- 1 teaspoon of dry mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon fine sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh ground pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon chili powder
- Put Guinness® in sauce pan, boil, then simmer; reduce by half
- Add rest of ingredients and whisk, bring to boil, and then simmer for 40 to 45 minutes or until your desired thickness.