I was tagged to write 8 habits about myself by my friend Ali in New York (although we're friends from our days in DC), who was tagged by Deena in Tokyo, who was tagged by Montchan in Sweden and Tari in Tokyo (and so on and so forth). Essentially, this is a worldwide game of tag and the people I listed at the bottom of this email are now it!
The Rules of the Game:
1. Post these rules before your facts.
2. Each player starts with eight random facts/habits about themselves.
3. People who are tagged need to write their own post about their eight things and post these rules.
4. At the end of your post, you need to choose eight people to get tagged and list their names.
5. Leave them a comment telling them they're tagged, and to read your list.
6. Post your list in the comments of the list you were tagged on.
My Facts and Habits:
1) The only way I can accomplish a task is to work on a dozen tasks at the same time. My incredible ADD limits my ability to focus on a single thing and it is easier for me to handle multiple items and get them all done.
2) To get stuff done, anything done, I have to write it down. Part of this is being forgetful; the other part is having something to check off a list. If I have a list of things to do, they will get done otherwise I will go insane with the unfinished item on that list.
3) I routinely lie about my weight and age. I always tell people I’m 10 to 15 pounds lighter then I really am which is completely believable since I am roughly 4 to 5 inches taller then most women I know. If asked my age, I usually add about 2 to 4 years for 2 reasons; older women are taken more seriously and I look pretty average for my age, but amazing if you think I’m actually 4 years older.
4) To look younger, I work to enhance my favorite feature; my smile. I bleach my teeth. Luckily, Crest Whitestrips are my preferred method of bleaching and I do not have to spend oodles of money with the dentist. To maintain my radiant smile I have to do this two days a month; not bad for all the comments I get.
5) I have to bleach my teeth due to two very staining habits; coffee and red wine. While I have no intention of ever giving up red wine, I often contemplate how much time, money and effort I would save my not needing a very large cup of coffee every morning. This would not only save my pocketbook and my teeth, but would also save my clothes and car; I cannot go a since day without a drop of coffee on my chest or my passenger seat.
6) I drive a gas guzzling Jeep. No, it is not green and I don’t care. I have no public transportation options and was forced to get a car. I did not purchase my first car until I was 28 years old and I wanted something fun, young, sexy and able to handle a Minnesota winter. The rising gas prices and comments from tree-huggers does not cause any regret in my decision; my five mile commute keeps my guzzling down to a minimum.
7) My commute is often less then 5 miles. Many times, it is zero miles. I work from home frequently since most of my colleagues are in an office 1000 miles away. When I work from home, I rarely get out of my pajamas, listen to music while I work, do my laundry and play with the dogs in the backyard during, especially boring conference calls.
8) My dogs have a better life then most people I know. It is possible that I am personally responsible for the rise of the pet product industry. All the jokes about people who treat their animals like children don’t bother me at all. They have warm jackets in the winter, party hats for their birthdays, costumes for Halloween and Santa hats for Christmas. They eat gourmet food, get their hair cut more then I do, fly to NY once a year to visit family and have a babysitter. I cannot put a price tag on the joy they give me, but I can say it is much less expensive then putting a kid through college.
As you can see, one habit just builds right off the next. I could do this for days.
The following people are tagged, primarily because they have a blog, a websit, a myspace page or are on multiply.
wadE: My loving husband is tagged first, primarily because I want to see if he sees the same habits in himself that I see.
Wade: Might as well have the whole simpleprop gang post.
Drew: My cousin with the incredibly dry wit should provide for an interesting read.
Becca: Will force her to write on her blog.
Brian: See Becca’s reason.
Krissy: See if the best writer I know can somehow make bad habits sound beautiful (and I figured you would tag Renee')
Natalie: A little more getting to know you since I probably won't meet you until your wedding day.