As I get caught into the whirlwind that is the week before a family wedding, I can’t help but reflect on all the time, money and effort brides (and their families!) put into making the big day a memorable one. If you are a typical bride, planning a wedding becomes a second job, as you spend countless hours finding an officiant, a place to have a reception, the flowers, the dress, the invitations, the music, the photographer, the favors, the shoes, the veil, the jewelry, etc. etc. etc.
After the day is over, it is easy to experience post-wedding let down. The resume below is to show my sister (and other brides) the significance of their efforts and the additional skills they acquired in their job as bride-to-be. Photos, a husband and great memories are not the only things a bride has after the wedding is over, she also has valuable and marketable work experience!
Ms. Bride is an accomplished Project Manager with over 1 year of experience. Her skill areas include: Project Plan Development and Management, Budget Preparation and Administration, Contracts Management, Operational Readiness and Conflict Management. Ms. Bride is highly accomplished in identifying and promoting unique solutions as a driver for revenue savings. She is a team player, working effectively with vendors, customers, and peers, with strong relationship management skills and an ability to present high quality deliverables in a fast paced and changing environment.
RETS Consulting Services Ltd. Inc.
January 2006 – February 2007
Project Manager, Event Coordinator, General Contractor, Wedding Planner, Bride-to-be
RETS Consulting provides professional services for individuals seeking to exceed their special events goals through meticulous planning and management. As a RETS Consultant, Ms. Bride has a proven track record for the planning and execution of complex projects through her skills in customer relationship management, project plan development and execution, contract pricing and management and problem solving.
- Developed and maintained project plans, providing time, scope and cost analyses throughout the project lifecycle.
- Led strategic projects, monitoring and adjusting plans to ensure successful completion of the project.
- Ensured project objectives were set and roles of team members were clear.
- Conducted package evaluations with vendors and provided direction and leadership in the development of solution estimates and alternatives.
- Translated, documented and implemented requirements, derived from facilitations, workshops and interviews, to specifications for event design and development.
- Accountable for budget development and management.
- Conducted risk, issue, and change management activities in a timely manner with quality resolutions.
- Managed delegation of tasks successfully.
- Monitored and reviewed team outputs.
- Experienced working and managing virtual teams.
- Managed organizational issues and communicated resolutions to key stakeholders.
- Provided guidance and support to stakeholders throughout the development life-cycle.
- Utilized proven project methodologies for deliverables including Bride’s Magazine Checklists and TheKnot.com guide.
- Leader of a development group and key team member for the successful implementation of a large budget event, leveraging the intellectual capital of thought leaders in the field.
- Responsible for the coordination and communications between project team and vendors for a high stake project effecting 150 people from both domestic and international markets.
- Developed and managed personnel hiring, financials, service level agreements and time controls for a high profile project to ensure on-time delivery of work to customers. 100% of teams managed delivered on-time.
- Microsoft Excel
- Microsoft Word