Wednesday, February 14, 2007

My Funny Valentine

In the spirit of Valentine’s Day, here are 14 reasons I am thankful my husband is my lifelong Valentine:

  1. He loves our schnoodles like children and has come to understand and embrace why dogs are major members of our family.
  2. My friends and family are the world to me, and he has grown to love them all as much as I do.
  3. During the time we have known each other I have been between 159 pounds and 209 pounds. My Valentine thinks I’m pretty hot no matter where I am on the scale.
  4. He’s (almost) accepted that I hate going to the movies and goes with his friends instead.
  5. He reminds me that there are things more important in life then my job and has taught me to define success by who I am and not what I do.
  6. He jokes that I’m a “passionate” cook and laughs when I make a mess out of the whole kitchen.
  7. He is my biggest fan, encouraging me to be a better photographer, writer, cook, athlete, sister, friend and daughter; he makes me want to be a better person.
  8. He has adopted my sense of adventure, heading to the corners of the earth in search of new culture, foods, photographs and stories, embracing the excitement the world has to offer.
  9. He didn’t father Anna Nicole Smith’s daughter, and is fine that I don’t want him to father any of mine either.
  10. He completes my thoughts.
  11. We have fun together whether we are lying in bed reading a book, cooking dinner, walking the dogs, partying with friends or traveling the world and makes me laugh every step of the way.
  12. He isn’t perfect but he tries to be and knows I try the same for him too.
  13. He knows romance isn’t flowers and chocolate. It’s the little things you do everyday for each other like defrosting dinner, taking the trash out, cutting the dogs nails, washing the car, fixing the computer, turning up the heat on a cold day, changing the empty roll of toilet paper, drawing a warm bath, doing the taxes, the laundry and the bills that is romantic.
  14. He kisses me good morning and says I love you. He kisses me when he comes home from work and says I love you. He kisses me before bed and says I love you. He repeats this many times during the day. He makes me feel loved and special 365 days a year, not just on Valentine’s Day!

Wishing everyone a Valentine as special to them as mine is to me.



No comments:

Printfriendly