Thursday, February 01, 2007

2007 New Year's Resolutions

February 1 is the perfect time to finalize New Year’s resolutions. You can weed out those ones from years past that never happen and truly concentrate on the things that can be accomplished… hopefully. I have been keeping track of my New Year’s Resolutions religiously since 1995.

This is an interesting exercise not so much for realizing how few resolutions are actually realized by the time we sing “Auld Lang Syne,” but more for the analysis on how life has personally changed in the past 12 years. Did I stop resolving to quit biting my nails in 2002 because I knew it was never going to happen or because I realized it didn’t really matter? Grades, which dominated my resolutions for years, were no longer relevant after graduating in 1997. And of course, there is always the losing weight resolutions which has me wondering; do naturally thin people make resolutions as much as those of us who struggle with our weight?

Chelle’s 2007 New Year’s Resolutions
1. I will control my personal spending which means no new camera equipment over $500 and no longer having to steal money from savings to pay off my credit card bill (after March… Weddings are expensive, especially when they are your sister’s)
2. I will run 1 mile a day, 5 days a week. I can do more then one mile, but I can do no less.
3. I will take the GMAT this year.
4. I will finish the Northshore Inline Marathon under 2 hours.
5. I will drink 8 glasses of water a day.
6. I will get back down to a size 14 and fill my closet up with 14s rather then with 12s and 10s I never stay in.
7. I will floss at least 4 days a week (everyday has never happened and been on the list for 10 years)
8. I will upload all my photos to the internet within 2 weeks of taking them and catch up on all the photos on my computer from 2004.
9. I will finish at least 4 large scrapbooks and 4 small scrapbooks.
10. I will apply sunscreen to my face every morning and use all the pretty scrubs and lotions to look and feel better rather then have them go bad in my cabinets.
11. I will call a different friend every week and actually talk with them rather then just email.
12. I will read 2 books a month.
13. I will brush the dogs once a week.
14. I will write on my blog at least 3 times a week.

For those who don’t know me very well, 14 is my lucky number so all my resolutions have been lists of 14. Wish me luck, and I will report on how I did in 2008.

No comments:

Printfriendly